[Board] Collaboration with the National GeoTech Center of Excellence

Cheung, Wing wcheung at palomar.edu
Sun Jan 27 15:53:01 PST 2019

Hi Jody,

Thank you for the speedy response!

It is great to hear about the foundation’s initiatives and programs aimed at advancing open source GIS.

One of my ideas of sponsorship is along the lines of the OSGeo foundation providing a limited number of complimentary FOSS4G-NA passes, while the GeoTech Center offer travel stipends to a limited number of community college students and faculty.

We are definitely interested in booth swaps and speaker exchanges, and the GeoTech Center can similar support OSGeo members (preferably from community colleges) to attend our events or your events.

I will love to set up a call with you or other interested board members to explore the details of these potential opportunities.

Thank you,
Wing