[Board] board obligations for sponsors, partners, members associated with foss4g

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 14:39:47 PDT 2019

A couple of things to add to our foss4g prep - this time for the board
rather than the foundation as a whole :)

   - Networking event with sponsors, partners and invited guests.  Prior
   years have set this up as a breakfast activity (since foss4g is a busy
   time). We will need to make an invitation list, secure a venue and
   catering.This is a chance to work with the LOC to ensure any regional
   representatives are invited
   - Meeting with key sponsors. We could send an invitation to our F2F
   meeting, or setup a lunch meeting. I think FOSS4G Boston had an example we
   can learn from
   - Members meeting: Do we wish to hold a members meeting? An activity
   started last year to promote communication and explore community building
   and diversity ...

We have a number of obligations to meet for sponsors and partners during
the event. I had a look at the perks listed on how to become a sponsor
<https://www.osgeo.org/about/how-to-become-a-sponsor/> - and arranged them
into a table for ease of review.

I do not feel I am I do not feel that I am across any additional MOU
obligations with respect to partners. Some drafts included text requiring a
conference tickets or a chance to speak but I do not know if any of that
made it into final sign MOUs.

One reason I asked us to direct the osgeo booth over to the marketing
committee last meeting is the number of obligations on the board to
represent our foundation during the event. I have no experience as
president but I imagine Maria will end up with a number of meetings over
the course of the week.
--
Jody Garnett