[Board] mapfish project status

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:02:21 PST 2019

Earlier this year we places several osgeo projects that were not
communicating (or no longer meeting osgeo expectations) into the OSGeo
community program.

One project that asked for some more time was mapfish:

* The mapfish.orghttp://www.mapfish.org/ website uses the old logo and
documents MapFish 2.2 released in 2016
* The osgeo project page was never filled in
https://www.osgeo.org/projects/mapfish/ (1)

The good news is that the the project is very much alive, has a new
GeoMapFish name, website <https://geomapfish.org>, code base
<http://github.com/camptocamp/c2cgeoportal>, and a new development team
(indeed I am not sure if any current members took part in the incubation
process).

On the bright side Emmanuel and the MapFisk PSC produced a page for the AGM
(slide 59) which is great and really improves communication.

My question though is simple - should we remove MapFish as an OSGeo
project, and invite GeoMapFish to apply to the OSGeo Community program, or
should we ask this PSC to quick march this project through the incubation
checklist requirements to preserve continuity?

Emmanuel would you be able to attend the board meeting to provide an update
on this project? If you need help setting up osgeo project page we are
happy to do so on the incubation email list.
--
Jody Garnett

(1) Wishing to recommend mapfish today and finding this page is what
promoted this email