[Board] Code for Science and Society

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Mon Apr 13 07:46:34 PDT 2020

Dear Board of Directors, OSGeo Advocates, all -

   while reading the Wikimedia Foundation Labs news, I noticed that
*OpenRefine* (built by Google long ago) has been adapted to ingest lists
of data to WikiData / Wikipedia with some forms and tutorials; following
a link or two shows:

https://codeforscience.org/

      We empower communities to work together and build innovative
      technology for the public good.

    It seems likely that the goals of CodeForScience dot org, and OSGeo
dot org, may have some overlap.  OpenRefine is useful and mature, which
gives some hints about what else might be included in the CodeForScience
project. Next steps, Board contact?

   best regards from "no-more-stores"  Berkeley, California

     -Brian M Hamlin    MAPLABS