[Board] Code for Science and Society

adams at osgeo.org adams at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 13 09:51:09 PDT 2020

Dear Brian,

indeed, we at OSGeo are an open community, that umbrellas several
communites, that are all related to the topic "geospatial".

As our name says, we are an open community, that is also open for
contacts and interactions with other open communities.

OSGeo is more a do-ocracy, so it is not up to the board, to initiate all
the activities, that OSgeo supports. We as the board come in play, when
it comes to some kind of financial support, MoU's or similar activities.

To be honest, for me it is not completely clear, what your intention is.
Maybe one idea would be, if you adress your request to the OSGeo
discuss-list [1].
On this list you will get in touch with active OSGeo members, that might
be interested to pick up the ball.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate asking me/my board colleagues,

Till