[Board] OSGeo / OGC collaboration update

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 21:04:56 PST 2020

While I like the idea of OSGeo having a vote on the OGC, I think it
would be impractical in practice.

As OSGeo are all volunteers, who would take responsibility for casting
the vote. How will that person collate the opinions of the thousands of
volunteers in a reasonable timeframe?

 From my personal experience, if an OSGeo member has a compelling
opinion to share with the OGC, then the OGC have been very supportive of
ensuring that opinion is heard. We probably don't need to introduce a
complex process to formalise something which happens well already.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254