[Board] FOSS4G Europe 2020 request for seed funding

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Jan 30 09:07:22 PST 2020

Dear Peteris,

I am not sure, whether we had the case before, that a local chapter
asked OSGeo for seed money for their regional conference, but maybe the
older colleagues of the board may remember.

If you ask me, I see no problems with helping out from the OSGeo side,
but as said, maybe the colleagues know better about such cases than I do.

Nevertheless, I have one quesiton: For our global FOSS4G events OSGeo
also helps LOC's with seed money and then these are usually amounts
between 20 and 40 k (recently even more). In this case, OSGeo claims at
least 80% of the surplus of the conference. Do you have a plan, what
should happen with a (potential) surplus of the european confernece?

Thanks, Till