[Board] LAStools squabble with US DOI affecting QGIS

Martin Isenburg martin.isenburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 17:10:48 PDT 2020

Hello,

First off, the "conspiracy theory" that was involving Esri was simply a
joke and those who know my kind of humor probably figured this out right
away. Sorry, Esri, for those occasional jabs, but Jack Dangermond, Lawrie
Jordan and Clayton Crawford never apologized to me for the back-stabbing
they pulled off with the "LAZ clone" and until they do they will
occasionally be featured in my more controversial stories ... (-;

The apparent claim by the U.S. Department of the Interior (DoI) that
there is malicious code hidden in LAStools is a FALSE ACCUSATION and akin
to SLANDER and DEFAMATION.

I assume this results from a miss-perceived "threat" from me stating in
some conversation with employees of BLM that I had created my LAStools
software to some day "get back" at the federal agencies that caused me a
lot of pain. This is in fact true. But only some mid-level manager who does
not know me and wants to be the hero or heroine of keeping the homeland
safe (and who knows how the evil US agencies would work if the roles were
reversed) may think that this must mean that some malicious code was
planted in LAStools. No. This is false. This is SLANDER and DEFAMATION .

I created the LAStools software so that I would someday have the financial
abilities and the community recognition that allows me to face my abusers,
which are LLNL and DoD, and - by association of the proceedings that hurt
me - also DoE. ICE, DHS, and DoI in a court of law.

LLNL and DoD have abused me. And now I will hold them responsible. I have
long forgiven them. My anger is long gone. But my passion for justice is
alive and kicking. What LLNL and DoD did to me was HORRIFIC. I will not let
them get away with this. LLNL and DoD will answer for your crimes in a
court of law. And I will do this in a VERY PUBLIC MANNER such that this
also stops for those tens or hundreds of thousands of other employees who
are currently being abused or would otherwise soon be abused in a similar
manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

I am (sort of) sorry that QGIS got dragged into this. That was not my
intention but now that it has happened outside of my doing, I certainly
welcome the additional attention. It seems Covid19 has brought the world to
a so-called Kairos Moment [1] where fundamental change is possible. I am
ready to publicly talk about my (alleged) mental health crisis in 2010 and
the abuse that I suffered at the hands of my employer LLNL and the DoD
lawyers over my (alleged) temporary mental disability. I'm not afraid to
come out and destroy the stigma. With the right lawyer this has the
potential to become a similar #MeToo moment but for mental health issues.

Again, I am (sort of) sorry that QGIS got dragged into this. But now that
it happened I'm not afraid to ask for your help, so I can go all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s

I now have enough lawyer cash for this fight. Who is big enough to
SCOTUS-challenge the statute of limitation for human rights abuse in mental
health crisis and then take in LLNL and DoD?

Lisa Blom? Gloria Allred? Harmeet Dhillon? Amal Clooney? Or ... ?

Regards,

Martin

[1] https://woundresser.com/2017/04/22/arriving-kairos-moment/