[Board] Stepping down from my OSGeo duties soon

Jorge Sanz xurxosanz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:37:11 PDT 2020

Hello Board,

I was going to write to the SAC, but since this also affects what I
understand are other areas of interest I'm here bothering you instead 😓

As many of you know I've been taking care of small tasks around a few
systems for already a number of years (10 or 12?), and I loved it.
Unfortunately, I will need to take a long break on those duties starting
around November, so I writing to you to start to find volunteers on the job.

My current duties are:

* *Mailman & Nabble *admin: I create lists and help current admins on
everyday tasks as password resets, mailing archives, etc. At this moment
this is my most relevant duty, and I don't have a co-admin so we really
need to find a new one.

* *News Editor*: I forward messages to our announcements list and publish
them also on our website. @Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <astrid_emde at osgeo.org> is
already working on this but I guess she will need help since we have one or
two postings per week.

* *OSGeo Jobs Mailing* list co-admin with @Ian Turton <ijturton at gmail.com>.
This is a low effort, and Ian is already taking care of it most of the time.

* *OSGeo Planet*: this is mostly updating URLs and very seldomly adding a
new entry to the config
<https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/planet/venus/planet_osgeo.config> and
to the pictures folder
<https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/planet/venus/themes/osgeo_v2/heads>.
@Paolo
Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> is listed as a backup, but I'm not sure if he can
step in or we need to find another maintainer.

You see, it's actually not much, but my point is that I don't know much of
my availability from Nov, so I prefer to step back before being a
bottleneck, and I wanted to give enough time to work with the volunteers
over the next months to transition smoothly.

Cheers!!
--
Jorge Sanz
http://jorgesanz.net