[Board] Board meeting 2020-09-28

Florian Hoedt florian.hoedt at thuenen.de
Mon Sep 28 00:56:11 PDT 2020

Hello

I see #10 is the NFDI4Agriculture update. We have not listed OSGeo as participant and it is to late to do so for the call. Nonetheless, we still would like to investigate the synergies between OSGeo and the NFDI4Agri project. I still need to catch up with Astrid and Till to talk. Just drop me an email or call me.

>From what I read in the gitea OSGeo misunderstood the initial idea of mine. The GeoNode PSC wanted to participate in the NFDI4Agri call - in the role of a 'Participant'. Those role is to actively contribute to the NFDI project. In case of GeoNode by consulting our NFDI developers to enhance and modify GeoNodes codebase to better fit for scientific data, eg by adding contrib apps. Since GeoNode is part of OSGeo my idea was, that OSGeos active contribution would be settled by GeoNodes community. I understand that this is something OSGeo is not happy with which is totally fine.

yours,
Florian
--
MSc Florian Hoedt
Head Geoinformatics | OpenData Representative

Tel:  +49 531 596-1428
Mobil: +49 162 92 50 275
Fax:  +49 531 596-1499
Mail: florian.hoedt at thuenen.de
Web:  www.thuenen.de

The Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute, Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries – Thünen Institute in brief – consists of 14 specialized institutes that carry out research and provide policy advice in the fields of economy, ecology and technology.