[Board] sponsors relationship maintenance

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:58:43 PDT 2023

Earlier in the year I wrote about the importance of providing
opportunities to sponsor as part of our annual communication. The
discussion focused on supporting our projects and being brave enough to ask
for funding (which can be quite difficult). The ticket is being worked
here: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/140

Today I wish to write about maintaining the relationship with our sponsors:
this is one of the most important relationships we have to manage as these
organizations are in many cases the employers of our members, and provide
the resources (money) and resources (time) that make our community possible.

The present list of prior sponsors who have been de-listed: Mammoth
Geospatial , meggsimum , Kaplan Open Source Consulting Ltd , ECC , Line45 ,
addresscloud.com , Camp2Camp , Chartwell Consultants Ltd. , aon.com ,
MapGears , Spatialized , BrightRain Solutions , atolcd , OmniSci , Here ,
EOX , Crunchy Data , North Road , Oslandia , Synthesis , thinkWhere ,
AppGeo , Azavea , mundialis , Sourcepole AG , WIGeoGIS , terrestris ,
Gaia3D , FreeArt , Safe Software , Astun , Carto , GeoSolutions , Boundless
, How 2 Map , Geodan , GeoCat BV

I created a ticket https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/154 with
the option of either maintaining this relationship; or removing the
automatic de-listing of sponsors which can and does cause offense.

Thank you,
--
Jody Garnett