[Board] Request for funding for QGIS Contributor Meeting

Anita Graser anita at qgis.org
Sun Apr 16 07:30:42 PDT 2023

Dear board members,

As vice chair of the QGIS PSC, I am writing to ask for OSGeo support for
the upcoming QGIS Contributor Meeting:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/25th-Contributor-Meeting-in-'s-Hertogenbosch

Our excellent local organizing team have done a great job at setting up the
event consisting of a user conference and contributor meeting and engaging
sponsors. For the user conference days, costs are going to be covered by
the conference registration fees. However, for the contributor meeting days
(4 days with 57 registered participants, including one day dedicated to
onboarding new contributors) we are looking at further costs (incl. venue,
coffee breaks, travel support for individual contributors who do not have
funding from their job to attend the event).

We are asking for € 5,000 to support the contributor meeting and enable the
personal interactions that keep open source communities successful and
vibrant.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Regards,
Anita