[Board] TorchGeo enters incubation program with Brian Hamlin as mentor

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 02:33:59 PDT 2024

The agenda was longer than the time slot yesterday, as outlined below we
proceed on this activity.  There was already a chance for the board to
discuss the project when it entered the community program earlier.

This is an important an interesting project. For OSGeo this one of the
first projects connected to the large data players. Technology neutral
ground has been established in the form of
https://pytorch.org/foundation (with a governing board outlined if you
follow that link).

PyTorch is popular with research making the addition of TorchGeo a great
fit with our GeoForAll community.
--
Jody Garnett