[OSGeo-Boston] MassDEP web GIS sites and future meetings.

Zhu, Huaining (DEP) Huaining.Zhu at state.ma.us
Wed May 19 14:38:41 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Nice to meet you yesterday evening, it's really encouraging to have such a turn-out at our 1st group meeting, and many thanks to Christian for ordering pizza and drinks, hope you've got your money back.

As promised, here are the URLs for the three public access web GIS applications I built for MassDEP.

https://edep.dep.mass.gov/gis/GISLocator.aspx
http://public.dep.state.ma.us/fish/
http://public.dep.state.ma.us/searchwell/

I talked with Christian at the end of the meet-up.  We both agree that we can use a little bit more organization for future meetings, like the speaker's commitment, hardware/Wi-Fi check before seminar, time management for the sessions, etc.  At least we should be able to email out an agenda before the meeting.  Now this is my first shot trying to prepare an agenda for the next meeting. I know Jeffrey Warren is eager to present his oil spill balloons maps.  And here are more exciting topics on the horizon, like geodjango by David Zwarg, WMTS, cartagen and GeoExt by Christian Spanring.  I believe it will be very informative for most of us if Aleda Freeman can give us an intro on MassGIS' GeoServer and Christ Schmidt talks more on the OpenLayers package.

Jeff, David, Christian, Aleda, and Christ, could you please suggest a time frame you would want to present these topics to the group, so we can do another Doodle vote on the date for the next meeting?

Also, please feel free to post to the group your suggestions or topics you want to present.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Huaining