[OSGeo-Boston] MassDEP web GIS sites and future meetings.

David Zwarg dzwarg+osgeo at azavea.com
Thu May 20 16:03:07 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I would be interested in presenting, but perhaps on projects that I am more
familiar with?  I was proposing that someone talked about geodjango earlier,
because I would like to see what others are doing with it.

As for things that I could discuss, I would feel comfortable discussing
OpenStreetMap, OpenLayers, PostGIS, or uDig.  If those topics are of
interest, then count me in.

As for times?  I propose sometime in July, after the 4th.

Zwarg

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Zhu, Huaining (DEP) <
Huaining.Zhu at state.ma.us> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Nice to meet you yesterday evening, it's really encouraging to have such a
> turn-out at our 1st group meeting, and many thanks to Christian for ordering
> pizza and drinks, hope you've got your money back.
>
> As promised, here are the URLs for the three public access web GIS
> applications I built for MassDEP.
>
> https://edep.dep.mass.gov/gis/GISLocator.aspx
> http://public.dep.state.ma.us/fish/
> http://public.dep.state.ma.us/searchwell/
>
> I talked with Christian at the end of the meet-up.  We both agree that we
> can use a little bit more organization for future meetings, like the
> speaker's commitment, hardware/Wi-Fi check before seminar, time management
> for the sessions, etc.  At least we should be able to email out an agenda
> before the meeting.  Now this is my first shot trying to prepare an agenda
> for the next meeting. I know Jeffrey Warren is eager to present his oil
> spill balloons maps.  And here are more exciting topics on the horizon, like
> geodjango by David Zwarg, WMTS, cartagen and GeoExt by Christian Spanring.
>  I believe it will be very informative for most of us if Aleda Freeman can
> give us an intro on MassGIS' GeoServer and Christ Schmidt talks more on the
> OpenLayers package.
>
> Jeff, David, Christian, Aleda, and Christ, could you please suggest a time
> frame you would want to present these topics to the group, so we can do
> another Doodle vote on the date for the next meeting?
>
> Also, please feel free to post to the group your suggestions or topics you
> want to present.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
>
> Huaining

David Zwarg
Software Developer at Azavea (formerly Avencia)

(215) 701-7718
dzwarg at azavea.com
http://www.azavea.com/