[California] new bay area based group

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 13 19:10:06 EST 2009

Josh Livni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wanted to give you the heads up on a Bay Area based group, based
> loosely on the cugos.org group up in Seattle.  Our first meeting is in
> conjunction with a happy hour event this March 4 -- details at baugos.com
>
> I hope you can make it if you are in the area.  Note that this group is not
> meant to compete with the California osgeo chapter, but hopefully there will
> be some good overlap.
>
> Cheers,
>
>  -Josh

I think this is great and don't really see any conflict with the chapter
as groups like baugos will serve as local facilitators of discussions
and ideas where the Chapter can focus on more comprehensive goals like
representing OSGeo all over the state.

Hopefully your members will be a subset of the chapter,
Alex