[California] California Chapter Inaugural Meeting

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 13 19:32:03 EST 2009

To prepare for the upcoming meeting I've done some posting and
reorganizing of our wiki pages.

The plan right now is to have our 1st (probably of 2 for the year)
meeting either on the 21st or 28th of this month in Davis since
obtaining facilities and critical mass will be easiest.

Proposed Agenda(feel free to edit)
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California/InauguralMeeting

Some referenced ideas are also on
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California

The most important item is that we complete all the necessary
requirements to become an official chapter before march when we'll begin
working with OSGeo to represent the org at west coast conferences and
events.

There are a bunch of tasks, feel free to volunteer to take of them. One
really important task is to setup conferencing for remote attendees. I
can provide internet and probably a phone jack but if someone else could
handle the software/hardware, 800# etc that would be great for our
brethren who can't travel all the way to the meeting this time.

Thanks,
Alex