[California] California Chapter Geodata Access Award

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Feb 23 15:36:10 EST 2009

At our Davis meeting we discussed having the chapter prepare and present
an annual award recognizing a California organization for
providing/promoting free and open access to California geodata. I threw
up a wiki page regarding this award here:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California_Chapter:_Geodata_Access_Award

I'll be working the next couple weeks on the layout for a
certificate/plaque and a presentation letter for the award. (I'll leave
the spot for our local chapter logo blank for the time being.) I'm
wondering if we could get at least two (2) other people that would be
willing to help choose a winner from the nominations this year?

There is a section of the wiki for you to place your own nominations for
the 2009 award. I'll throw up a nomination for one of my local counties
as soon as I have time. I was thinking we might be able to complete and
present this year's award by the end of April.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Landon Blake

Project Surveyor

California PLS 8489

Office Phone Number: (209) 946-0268