[California] Becoming a Formal Chapter

Joe Larson joe at joelarson.com
Tue Jan 20 18:30:34 EST 2009

Sorry for the bad formatting in my previous email today.

Regarding becoming a formal chapter - great news yes! Alex, I reviewed
the IRC log and lurked over part of the convo - thank you for
spearheading the effort and giving your time and energy toward that!

I would assume defaulting to Skype for remote access with the Davis
meeting in early Feb? Regarding a time, I work an 8-5 .. IRC
participation could work, but Skype-like participation would need to
occur after hours (or ~ lunch) for someone with a similar situation like
mine.

As far as point person for SoCal goes, I think once we all get a better
feeling on the level of participation in this half of the state - we may
have a better handle on who may be appropriate for that role. I would be
glad to fill the role if no one else steps up. Judging from
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California#Membership SoCal is pretty lonely
for active OSGeo members at this point in time.

Joe