[California] Becoming a Formal Chapter

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 21 00:57:26 EST 2009

I had actually guessed a weekend would work better for most since a few
hours of travel would be involved for Northern CA people to get to a
physical location. I'll send out a separate thread with more about that.

As for dealing with the wiki, we can make subpages from the chapter
page. So it's easy to create a regional subchapter page, to see an
example see
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/California/GIS

We can move proposal/ideas to it's own page. I tend to shy away from
discussion pages since few people read those or even realize they exist.
They make way more sense for wikipedia articles.

Other than that feel free to post ideas to the list.

Thanks,
Alex