[California] OSGeo participation in Where 2.0

Ragi Burhum ragi at burhum.com
Mon Mar 8 17:40:49 EST 2010

Hello guys,

It is that time of the year again and we are approaching Where 2.0 and
WhereCamp. However, unlike last year, I did not see OSGeo in the list of
exhibitors.

http://en.oreilly.com/where2010/public/content/exhibitors

I called Yvonne Romaine who is organizing the booth space for Where 2.0 2010
this year. She was super friendly, but she had bad news for me. She informed
me that this year they did not have booth space for non-profits (nor
discounted booths). As Ia m looking through the agenda, there will be
presentations about open source GIS (Paul, I can see you are talking about
the OpenGeo stack) but there will be no OSGeo booths.

Is it me, or there seems something wrong with this scenario?

- Ragi