[California] Annual Report and Annual Meeting

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 1 11:51:16 EDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 08:03 AM, Sunburned Surveyor wrote:
> Can anyone help me by putting together a short annual report on our
> chapter's activities for 2010? I'm working with the Journal team to
> put together last year's annual report and that would be helpful.
>
> Also, my efforts at getting together a spring code sprint didn't work
> out. However, we still need to have our annual meeting. (One meeting a
> year is required to be a chapter.) I know people hate coming to
> Stockton. Is there someone else that will host the meeting?
>
> If there was interest, I could possibly try to set-up a joint meeting
> with my local chapter of the California Land Surveyors Association.
> That might serve for some interesting cross-pollination.
>
> At any rate, we need to have a meeting, and I'm open for suggestions.
>
> Please let me know if you can help with the annual report.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Landon

I still think we can pull something off, and suggest using the CUGOS
Spring Fling as a planning start point
(http://cugos-springfling-2011.eventbrite.com/). It was 1 day talks,
workshops and sprint in Seattle. There's lot of details about it on
their mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/cugos

My offer to host at UC Davis still stands, if someone can come up with a
date and estimate of the number of people (so I can get an appropriately
sized room). We will need a couple of volunteers to organize the event.

Is there a wiki page we're supposed to fill out for the annual report?

Thanks,
Alex