[Carto] Map specifications

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:28:40 EDT 2010

I agree with GIS being a source for many bad maps, but also a source for
some good maps.

Cartography is a intricate part of GIS that has many variables as desires of
the user, so it is really hard to cover all basis with a software.

The main idea, I guess, is to make map documents more interoperable, without
the need to rebuild them all in *n* softwares.

As Carlos said, Cartography itself sees the world in a different way than
GIS.

What are the major changes that we have in this model? Identifying this
would be great and would help us to write a better framework.

George

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Carlos Gabriel Asato <g_asato2000 at yahoo.com

--
George R. C. Silva