[cat-interop] CSW DC links proposal

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 06:51:17 PDT 2013

As discussed, here is the DC links proposal currently:

https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/wiki/Geonode-notes#metadata-links.
Looks like folks are taking a look at it [1].

I see a few areas to clarify before moving ahead with implementations:

- ratification (or not): this is a very practical approach to do OWS links
in CSW without breaking (per se) either of DC or CSW standards.  How do CSW
servers make it known that this is supported (or does this matter at this
stage?)?  Perhaps after some experimentation/testbed, we can move ahead on
how to harden this

- table of protocols/descriptions: this needs review/update.  I believe
most of it comes from GeoNetwork (not sure where GN got it from).  Can
folks review/edit as necessary?  Let's target end of next to firm up this
wiki page?

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/georchestra/georchestra/issues/87