[cat-interop] hello world cartalogue

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 06:36:55 PDT 2013

Dank Paul.  We have something similar (not sure how mobile friendly it is)
at http://demo.pycsw.org/viewer (code at
https://github.com/geopython/demo.pycsw.org/blob/master/www/viewer/index.html)
which works against CSW. It uses Leaflet + Bootstrap + jQuery + handmade
CSW handlers. Perhaps we can take the best of both?

Clients like these are great candidates for the DC links proposal/testing.

Having said this, why are there no CSW JavaScript clients out there?  I do
realize that there's somewhat dependence on the downstream framework (i.e.
my CSW JS code above is tied to jQuery), but perhaps there is an
opportunity for something generic. I have seen some CSW building blocks in
OpenLayers, but never quite understood (likely my incompetence) how to make
of use of them.

I think this would blow open up the doors to more CSW usage with an easy JS
lib.

..Tom