[COG] Welcome!

James Banting jbanting at sparkgeo.com
Tue Jun 5 08:19:42 PDT 2018

Hi everyone!

I'm James Banting and I'm a geospatial software developer / Remote
Sensing scientist with SparkGeo. We are a geospatial consulting company
base out of Prince George British Columbia.

I'm interested in COG since it's implementation allows users to grab a
diverse range of data for a specific area while reducing the data
transfer overhead. It opens up access to remote sensing for people who
would have otherwise been unable to get the data they want because of
poor internet connectivity.

My vote for a name is cogeotiff.

Cheers,
James