[COG] Website update, and call for help + implementations

Chris Holmes cholmes at radiant.earth
Fri Jun 8 17:20:32 PDT 2018

Ok, I've got the new repo up, and I moved www.cogeo.org from my github
account to the organization account: https://github.com/
cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org

I did a couple minor updates to the site, using the new logo, as well as a
fun alternate logo type thing, see http://www.cogeo.org/

We also got a nice color palette to play with.

I made some initial attempts to update the colors with it, but didn't get
too far (and initially was using the STAC palette instead). If someone who
is more skilled at web design than I (which is not saying much at all)
wants to take a crack at making the website look better that'd be awesome.
I've just been trying to hack on some template I got. You can jump on the
issue at: https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/14

I also put up a few other little improvements I'd love some help on:

   - Update website with link or port of cog intro
   <https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/16>
   - Update website with link to foss4g-na slides
   <https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/15>
   - Add more implementations
   <https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/17>
   - Update qgis tutorial to 3.x
   <https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/13>

https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues?q=is%
3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22help+wanted%22 is the full list. I'll take
them on eventually, and will claim them before I do. But if anyone else
wants to help out then claim it and make a PR.

And if anyone has implementations that aren't on the list at
http://www.cogeo.org/#implementations then either submit a PR or let me
know and I can add it in.

Have a great weekend everyone!