[COG] Rio-cogeo: a new rasterio plugin to create COG files

Chris Holmes cholmes at radiant.earth
Fri Jun 22 16:50:39 PDT 2018

This is awesome Vincent!

Super psyched on the profiles, would love to add the ability for the cog
validator to validate particular profiles. We probably need more discussion
on how to define the profiles. I think a 'web cog' one could be
interesting, like Rob laid out in
https://github.com/locationtech/geotrellis/issues/2284 - tiles in web
mercator, matching grids of web tiles, etc.

I'll try to add it to www.cogeo.org soon. Put at issue up at
https://github.com/cogeotiff/www.cogeo.org/issues/22 if anyone wants to
grab it and make a PR.