[Conference-cee] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Short report about FOSS4G-CEE 2012 with outlook to coming years

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:26:52 PDT 2012

Jachym,
Congratulations on what sounds like a very successful first event, and
thank you for sharing some of your metrics.

Your experiences will be especially valuable as FOSS4G-CEE is one of the
early conferences to be testing out a regional version of a foss4g event.

I strongly encourage you to capture your lessons learned (as per below)
into a wiki page, similar to prior international events. Eg:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Lessons_Learned

I'd also be interested to capture your metrics in alongside other
metrics we have captured here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdEZoOUtSeVZRVWtKQzV6R2N5ekdSdlE#gid=57
If you are interested, I'll talk you through it, and provide you with
write access.

And lastly,
I think the foss4g community will be greatly enhanced by collating our
lessons learned into a "FOSS4G Cookbook".  I think that ideally this
would be best developed in conjunction with the setting up and running
on a conference. I've started a placemarker for the Cookbook here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook
Would you be interested in helping build this Cookbook?

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254