[Conference-cee] FOSS4G-CEE 2013 final thoughts

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Jul 4 11:25:02 PDT 2013

We must all thank you, the geo-spatial.org team, for the wonderful
event.  This final thank-you page from the organizers is a great
summary: wow, so much happened in a short time.  And it was all because
of you, your team.  You all deserve a big pat on the back.

I am glad to see Vasile is now a part of the OSGeo Conference Committee,
so that the knowledge and passion of the Romanian chapter can be relayed
to the planning of future events.

I like seeing your event statistics as well, quite amazing.  For the
code sprint, Luca Delucchi also worked on a map viewer for the OSGeo-ICA
Lab Network during the sprint (I believe Anne Ghisla helped with this
also through that week), so they deserve mention for this as well.

I don't like goodbyes, but I will miss all of the geo-spatial.org team
very much, and I will see you very soon, that I promise.

"Noroc"

Yours,
jeff