[Conference-europe] when and where

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Fri Aug 22 07:10:53 PDT 2014

I agree with Johan comments and in reality, i would like thanks to anybody, who is organising any event.. i tis not easy process and we all are learning.
But I think, that in any case focus of any conference depend, who will organise such event. If it will be University, than is clear, that focus will be more academic.
I think, that here has to be roll of program Committee, not only select, where and when but also actively contribute to the preparation. It is clear, that people from business, or eventually people dealing with EC project, could have much better chances to organise some special track like FOOS4Bussiness or FOSS in EC projects. So here will be good to things, in the contract with local organisers agreed, for example on such events and offer them help. Or together with local organisers organise call on guarantees of special tracks
Karel