[Conference-europe] [general] FOSS4G Eu 2015 - First Episod

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Fri Oct 3 12:08:37 PDT 2014

Dear All

a) thanks for offering your help!

b) Here a first list of FOSS4G 2015 Champions:

0) coordination: Maria Brovelli - Marco Minghini

1) website: Nicolas Bozon - Gerald Fenoy - Marco Negretti [web]

2)  workshops: Siki Zoltan - Carlos Granell - Simone Corti - Stefano Piffer [ws]

3) General Track: Jorge Sanz - Giuseppe Conti - Stefano Campus [gt]

4) Academic Track: Sven Schade - Massimiliano Cannata - Marco Brambilla [at]

5) Water Track: Dragan Savic - Maria Brovelli - Carolina Arias - Margherita di Leo - Peter Weels - Andreas Burzel [wt]

6) Open Data Track: Maurizio Napolitano (Napo) - Codrina Ilia [odt]

7) Library Track: Peter Loewe - Marcella Samakovlija [lt]

8) Live USB: Angelos Tzotsos - Luca Delucchi - Marco Negretti [liv]

10) NASA WW Challenge: Patrick Hogan - Gabor Remetey - Maria Brovelli - Rody Jolak - Giorgio Zamboni - Giuseppe Conti [ww]
11) Map Party: Maria Brovelli - George Gartner - Monia Molinari - Luca Delucchi - Marco Brambilla [map]
12) GeoForAll meeting: Suchith Anand - Maria Brovelli - Marco Minghini [gfa]

My idea is that every committee starts working for proposing how to deal with the specific commitments they have and then report to  other people.

c) In order to use the same mailing list but avoid reading everything, we can put in the subject of the emails, at their beginning, the specific item they refer to. For instance: ww: award for students stands for: NASA WW is the committee and

sfor students is the subject. It means that people involved in NASA WW Challenge MUST read it, other people MAY read it. For general subjects use "general"

If you have better ideas, please share.

d) Next week together with Marco Minghini, aka Mingo, I'll provide a first description of rooms and places available.

e) In my opinion the committees have to prepare a call for papers or call for abstracts and decide how to deal with the reviews. I suppose that the at (academic track) and wt (water track) will follow the traditional way of having a scientific committee, for the others (ws, gt,odt,lt) we want to know which is your idea. In general I don't like the secret ballot but I prefere to have a committee of people taking the responsability of deciding and putting their face. But this is just my idea. In any case whichever is your decision it has to be implemented using some existing software.

f) And then please please another request: is there someone who wants to write on behalf of all of us an email to all the European OSGeo Chapters and to the "European based" OSGeo Projects, asking for their collaboration (at least in advertising but, well, the more the better).

g) If we opt for a committee for the acceptance of the abstracts in the general track,  could it be a suitable idea to ask every Chapter and Project to express one-two people as members of the committee?

h) In the meanwhile, the [web] committee has to start as soon as possible the website. Is it possible to have the different commitees with name, photo and email address of the people involved in such a way that they can be contacted by everybody for questions?

i) Last but not least: if there is anybody in this mailing list who wants to add their name in the 0-12 items, please do!

Nice week end to everybody and thanks again!!!
Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

FOSS4G ASIA - Don't miss it!
http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2014/

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications"; OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it