[Conference-europe] work organising

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Oct 13 03:26:03 PDT 2014

El 13/10/14 a las #4, Luca Delucchi escribió:
> On 13 October 2014 12:07, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> El 13/10/14 a las #4, Jachym Cepicky escribió:
>>> OK, I'm on it, expect welcome e-mail any time (I'll add people, who
>>> are listed in Maria's organising committee
>>>
>>> Jachym
>>>

>> Sorry to come later to this thread but, what's the problem on creating
>> lists on the OSGeo Server?
>>
>> I'm admin, I create lists on the OSGeo server on a breeze :-)
>>
>> (as a general rule of thumb, I prefer to use OSGeo resources when they
>> are available)
>>

> +1, better than using Google something...
> The problem is that everybody receive every mail and for someone that
> receive already tons of mail this doesn't help so much...

An how google groups resolve that? I'm missing something, sorry.

If the problem is receiving discussions of a group you are not
interested (a lot), mailman can allow us to subscribe to topics. I've
never used Mailman topics functionality[1], but with the subject
keywords defined by Maria, in theory one could receive messages only on
the topics he/she is interested.

[1] http://web.mit.edu/lists/mailman/topics.html

--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas