[Conference-europe] FOSS4G Europe 2015 - Call for motto

Kakha Nadiradze foodsafetyge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 02:28:54 PDT 2014

Dear All,

what about:

Keep Calm & Inspire Others on FOSS4G

Best regards,

Kakha NADIRADZE

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Marco Minghini <marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> we decided to postpone the "call for motto" till the weekend, i.e. you can
> propose your idea until the *midnight of Sunday* (UTC) by editing the
> same Google Doc:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OI0gJej1lnM8GLY-Gi9UUlg_cM0zEc3aYWSNXU7YHHw/edit
>
> If you want to write your name next to your proposal, you're welcome.
>
> IMPORTANT: please consider that any motto containing "FOSS4G" and "OSGeo"
> is not suitable, because the former is the name of the conference and the
> second the name of its organization. Therefore they already "go with the
> motto". I will delete the non-suitable candidates.
>
> On Monday morning we will set up a Google Form to let anyone vote (just 1
> vote per person) to decide the winner.
>
> Thank you all for the collaboration.
>
> Best,
>
> Marco
>
> Marco Minghini, PhD
> GEO Laboratory, Politecnico di Milano - Como Campus
> via Valleggio 11, 22100 Como
> +39 031 3327540
> @MarcoMinghini

>> I added a few bad ideas (pardon my italian).  :)
>>
>> -jeff
>>

>> On 2014-10-21 9:33 AM, Marco Minghini wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> the FOSS4G Europe 2015 website is almost ready, but we want to involve
>>> all of you in deciding a last important thing: the conference motto!
>>>
>>> I've set up a Google Doc to put all our ideas together, everyone has
>>> editing permissions:
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OI0gJej1lnM8GLY-
>>> Gi9UUlg_cM0zEc3aYWSNXU7YHHw/edit?pli=1
>>>
>>> Of course, when thinking to the motto consider that it must make some
>>> reference to Europe.
>>>
>>> As time is running, we fix as deadline for proposing the motto*tomorrow
>>> at midnight* (UTC) so there's one and a half day to make your
>>> suggestions!
>>> Then on Thursday the leaders of each committees can decide together
>>> which motto will win the competition and be the official one.
>>>
>>> Thank you all for your contribution.
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Marco

*Dr. Kakha NADIRADZE *
*Head of Targeted Projects Department *
*Agricultural Cooperatives Development Agency, ACDA*
85 Vazisubani Str., Tbilisi 0180 Georgia
T:+99532231 30 28 ; M: + 995577 46 70 87
E-mail: *foodsafetyge at gmail.com <foodsafetyge at gmail.com>*
*nadiradzekakha at gmail.com <nadiradzekakha at gmail.com>*
P *Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.*