[Conference-europe] academic track submission

Marco Minghini marco.minghini86 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 01:58:11 PDT 2017

Dear Maxi,
just to clarify one point you mentioned:

> In Como papers was automatically published as part of the proceedings and
> put online freely accessible. When we selected some papers for publication
> the author decided to go for another journal, but at this point the work
> was already published...

In Como we gave everyone to choice between short paper (up to 4 pages) and
long paper (up to 12 pages) and clearly stated that they were all published
on conference proceedings. Short papers (published on conference
proceedings) can be typically submitted (and accepted) in a longer version
for academic journals (at least this is what I did for a paper), so in my
opinion this was a good opportunity for authors.

> So the question is: what about this year process? I think that is should
> be clarified before of the deadline, so that people can do their own
> choices. From your previous answer i understood it is not jet sure and may
> depend on future agreements...

I agree with you that this has to be clarified. However, tomorrow's
deadline is just for an abstract (500-800 words), then let's see what
happens for the paper (deadline: May 15).

> Kind regards,
> Maxi

Best,

Marco