[Workshops] Workshop submission template & review criteria

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Fri Apr 4 09:41:54 EDT 2008

I've just had a quick glance and have two comments: the submission form
is taking up a lot of space on that wiki page so should rather be a link
to a document to download or to another page (with excess spaces
removed). Also it must be made clear what the submission process is
otherwise we'll have people trying to add their info by editing the
wiki.

1.	submit proposal as per submission process on www.foss4g2008.org
<http://www.foss4g2008.org/> , choosing the workshop track. I suggest
you try with a dummy one to confirm and understand the process. At the
moment it's set to get a text abstract pasted in.
2.	then that gets reviewed.
3.	Then if successful the use must upload the full template. Then
you do your full review.

If this is not what you want please get to grips with OCS and find a
compromise between what we can get it to do and how you want to do it.

The workshop committee I guess will have to register at
www.foss4g2008.org , choose to be reviewers, and then you as track
director assign them to review the workshop proposals. Or something like
that.

Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist

Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher

FOSS4G2008 <http://www.foss4g2008.org/>  conference chair

Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)

P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa

w: +27-11-709-4668 c: 0845965680 f: 0866164820

xmpp: gavinjfleming at gmail.com

Skype: phlemingo

27.9782E 26.0896S