[Workshops] Reminder: Workshop / tutorial evaluations

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Mon Mar 16 20:46:46 EDT 2009

On 2009/03/16 4:27 PM, Mark Leslie wrote:
> This didn't come up until the templates were released, but it came up
> almost immediately after.  I think it would be best to have
> beginner/advanced for user/developer, as long as the different levels
> are qualitatively defined based on prerequisite knowledge.  I avoided
> doing this due to potential confusion over what would constitute and
> advanced beginner vs. a beginning advanced.  Adding an intermediate
> level might spread that a bit better.
>
> I should be adding to the 'lessons learned' more frequently.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Lessons_Learned#Format_of_the_Call
   Lesson: The options for 'User Level' need to be broad enough to
   describe the various types of levels (in 2007, we forgot
   "intermediate"), and just as importantly, there needs to be a
   definition for what the levels mean.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems