[Workshops] Workshop Equipment Information

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Aug 30 18:18:37 PDT 2013

Hi Matt,

On the conference page you write that participants should use the
LiveDVD/USB they receive as attendants.
At previous conferences a virtual machine image of the LiveDVD was usually
installed and configured with VirtualBox, so there was no need to reboot a
PC into the LiveDVD or prepare a virtual machine using the DVD/USB. It was
just necessary to start a pre-configured VirtualBox VM.

This would be very convenient. Also performance is better than booting from
a DVD.

Daniel

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM, Matt Walker <
walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think everyone running a workshop has now been contacted regarding
> technical facilities. If anyone has not heard from Jo Cook or myself in the
> last week then please let me know.
>
> I've just updated
> http://2013.foss4g.org/information-for-presenters/#workshops with some
> general information about facilities that presenters may find helpful.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.
>

> On 29 August 2013 17:44, Matt Walker <walkermatt at longwayaround.org.uk>wrote:
>
>> Hi Kate,
>>
>> We started contacting those running workshops last week and I'm hoping we
>> will of got to everyone in the next few days. I'll also update
>> http://2013.foss4g.org/information-for-presenters/ with general
>> information that applies to all labs.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matt.
>>

>> On 29 August 2013 10:40, Kate Chapman <kate.chapman at hotosm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Maybe I've missed something but I don't think my workshop team has been
>>> contacted about the specifics of our workshop room. We want to make sure we
>>> can set things up correctly to run InaSAFE the QGIS plugin we are teaching.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Kate
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kate Chapman