[OSGeo-Conf] OSGeo/FOSS4G '07 Location

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Aug 30 16:05:57 EDT 2006

On 30-Aug-06, at 8:03 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> My understanding is that Refractions is waiting for an RFP and they
> will
> consider making a proposal.  I would say that we would give folks a
> couple weeks to write proposals, and then try to select the best
> one on
> a variety of criteria (local capabilities, appropriateness of
> location,
> cost, etc).

Right, should we respond, it will be on the basis of using a
professional organizer, professional venue <http://
victoriaconference.com/> <http://www.westinbayshore.com/
meetings.html>, etc, which might not be to the taste of OSGEO.
Basically, I decided on reflection and careful remembrance of Dave's
and Steve's haggard faces at their respective conferences that I was
not interested in martyring myself to the cause of putting on a
conference -- there are people who know how to handle all the
details, and I want one of those people.  At this point, due to the
lateness of the process, the venue might not even be available, which
will make things even easier for me. :)

P.