[OSGeo-Conf] RFP

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 14:21:29 EDT 2006

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I personally like the Dec 1st deadline.  Delaying the formal application
> later than that could be bad (it's late enough).
>
> Tyler has given an editorial pass through the doc, and the latest is
> posted live
> (http://community.osgeo.org/files/osgeo-conference-2007-request-for-proposal.pdf).
>

> Time to announce.  Below is an announcement draft (feel free to suggest
> changes/additions!):

Jeff,

I'm +1 on issuing this.  I think you should give two working days from your
issuing the initial draft (yesterday?) for anyone on the committee to object
and then proceed.

If you submit the announcement to news_item at osgeo.org I'll get it onto the
announce list, the new archive page, and the announce thingy on the web site.

I'd suggest you also personally distribute it to osgeo discuss and perhaps
the freegis list.

I would think that any likely proposers would pick it up in at least one of
those places.

Best regards,