[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: FOSS4G 2007

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:36:36 EDT 2006

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>> http://www.osgeo.org/conferences/2007 sounds good to me... it's almost
>> like the web was designed for this kind of thing :)
>
> Yeah, but we lose the "F" altogether. Not good. :-)

Agreed, Not good. :-)

Would suggested that we continue to use FOSS4G
for the conference name. http://www.foss4g.org/2007

I think FOSS4G is already sufficiently branded
and the domain name www.foss4g.org was registered by
a colleague at my university and me in Japan in 2004.
One option could be to start listing

* FOSS/GRASS 2004 - Bangkok, Thailand
* FOSS4G - 2006: Lausanne, Switzerland
* FOSSGIS - Germany
* OSG 2005 - Minnesota, USA
* OSGIS 2004 - Ottawa, Canada

and making www.foss4g.org meta-level site,
paving the way to make it the one-stop-shop
for FOSS4G.

Some people who had attended the FOSS/GRASS in Bangkok
have been asking for the T-shirt that we made for the
conference with a picture (see http://www.foss4g.org) and
have suggested that a nice (easy) way could be FOSS4G
swag to spread the mission.

Would like to hear some other suggestions about how the
foss4g.org could be used effectively to promote conferences
organized by OSGeo.

Kind regards

Venka