[OSGeo-Conf] 2008 (pre) Announcement

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 7 08:33:51 EDT 2007

OSGeo Conference Committee,

The following draft has been approved by the local 2008 committee (they
will be following up with a full announcement later).  If the OSGeo
conference committee has no problem with this draft can we please
distribute it?

thanks.

--
jeff

FOSS4G 2008 Awarded to Cape Town, South Africa

The OSGeo Conference Committee is pleased to announce that the 2008 Free
and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) conference will be held
in Cape Town, South Africa, with the tentative dates of September 29th
to October 3th 2008.  The OSGeo Conference Committee would like to thank
all of those who submitted to host the 2008 conference, we were all very
impressed with the number and quality of proposals.

With the 2007 conference approaching (http://www.foss4g2007.org/) and
the excitement building in the FOSS4G community, the 2008 conference
will be an important date on the calendar not to miss.  The 2008
organizing committee has already begun preparations, and will be
following up with a larger announcement.  The detailed proposal is
available at:

http://www.osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/proposals/South_Africa_proposal_to_host_FOSS4G_2008.pdf

Again, thank you for all of the excellent submissions.

--
OSGeo Conference Committee