[OSGeo-Conf] 2008 (pre) Announcement

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue Aug 7 09:55:21 EDT 2007

August in Cape Town is the end of the rainy, cold, winter. The week we
have proposed at the end of September is excellent weather and ideal
tourist time in Cape Town as well as the rest of the country and is
confirmed at the conference centre.

Karryn or others, are there any openings in August on at the CTICC?
Please let the list know so we can see if we have any options.

We did enquire about the week in September when South African
universities have a break (we run on a Jan-Dec academic year), but that
was already taken at the CTICC. They are in great demand as they are one
of the few venues that can support this size conference so for now we
will hang on to this reservation. We will find out soon what the
deadline is for paying a deposit.

regards

Gavin