[Conference_dev] Conference Goals

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jan 2 16:05:01 EST 2007

Sea2Sky asked that we write down some conference goals, to help focus
planning and avoid "off key" notes in our final product.  They have a
whole document, but I figured perhaps three statements might do.  Here's
a draft for comment:

- Provide developers an opportunity to meet and discuss their projects,
with their project members, members of other projects, and users of all
sorts.
- Provide users an exposure to the full range of open source geospatial
options.
- Provide attendees, exhibitors and sponsors a chance to network and
development new business opportunities.