[OSGeo-Conf] Re: evaluations

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jul 28 15:15:11 EDT 2007

Dave,

I think it is desirable for the OSGeo Conference Committee (that is the
continuing committee chaired by Jeff) to take a more direct role in the
evaluations since they are primarily useful in fine tuning future conferences.

I don't agree that evalations belong outside the conference budget but before
we spend any significant amount of money on evaluation preparation or
review I'd like to ensure we would be getting good use out of them.  I have
the impression that in previous years actual use of the evaluations to improve
later years was very hit and miss - that is not very systematic.

Best regards,