[OSGeo-Conf] Conference funding

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 10 08:03:23 EST 2007

In putting together the Aust-NZ bid for FOSS4G09, the question has been
raised as to the procedures for handling money.  Is it the preferred
option for the PCO that's been engaged to provide the funding and
receiving sponsorship money as required, with OSGeo picking up the
remains (or God forbid, making up the shortfall) at the end, or would
OSGeo like to take a more active hand in managing the finances?  As far
as the local chapter is concerned, I don't think we quite have the
resources to handle that on our own <grin>.

Regards,
Tim Bowden