[OSGeo-Conf] Conference funding

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Sat Nov 10 11:15:50 EST 2007

We would prefer that the local committee handle the finances. OSGeo
can provide some funding at the start (though a proactive sponsorship
pursuit should yield enough money to cover early costs) and yes, pick
up the remains or cover the shortfall at the end. And yes, handling
the details of finances is a lot of work, so either be prepared with
a dedicated volunteer or have an organizing company doing it.

P.