[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] foss4g.org

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 22 14:54:49 EST 2007

On 22-Nov-07, at 11:48 AM, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> So, what's the next step on moving this domain into a position
> where we can put it to conference use? (Thanks again for the use of
> it!)

The Systems Committee would have to get the DNS going and then we'd
need a site to point it to.  Perhaps for now we can have it point to:
http://www.osgeo.org/conference - and add pointers to the past year
events from that page.

In my opinion, it would be ideal to have a standard conference system
running on that domain.  I set up the Open Conference System at:
http://osgeo.org/ocs - but am not sure if anyone other than me has
looked at it.  I believe it would be best if we could use/re-use a
system like that instead of having each event invent their own.  It
is ideal for allowing managers to manager single event instances.  We
could also use it to host/manage other events outside of the annual
FOSS4G International event.

Tyler