[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] foss4g.org

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Nov 22 17:34:19 EST 2007

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> In my opinion, it would be ideal to have a standard conference system
> I set up the Open Conference System at:
> http://osgeo.org/ocs - but am not sure if anyone other than me has
> looked at it.

Agreed 100%.  I did spend time with Tyler playing with this...but if we
don't use this before the local committee begins their work it is almost
impossible to force this on them.

Until that time comes when we switch to OCS I try diligently to archive
files at http://www.osgeo.org/conference/archives, and after this latest
RFP push I now can upload files quite easily there.

I will again look at OCS.  Maybe a better goal is for the OSGeo
conference committee to recommend this to the 2009 local committee in
January (it gives us some time to try it out and become familiar with it).

-jeff