[OSGeo-Conf] Logo for FOSS4G 2008

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:18:56 EDT 2007

Jeff McKenna wrote:
>>> c) OSGeo offer two complimentary registration passes future
>>> FOSS4G Conferences (including workshop) to OSGeo-Japan. Usage of
>>> the complimentary pass would be decided by OSGeo-Japan.
> Regarding c) I wonder if maybe the passes should be available for
> 2008 only.  Thoughts?  We do need to thank the original owners for
> the foss4g domain for their vision.

2008 only, if the plan is to use foss4g.org for
2008 only. 2009 if the plan is to use foss4g.org for
2009 and so on.

Another thought which Tyler and me discussed briefly
at the Sticky Wicket was about using the Open Conference
System (http://pkp.sfu.ca/?q=ocs)
The new version of OCS now supports
annual conferences. I think OSGeo must set-up
a OCS site and bring all the conference material
(atleast from 2006 onwards) under one umbrella.
The OCS infrastructure will also be able to
provide conference management framework for
future OSGeo conferences.

Regards

Venka